View Single Post
Old 6th August 2018, 16:13   #7
bendrick
Gets stuck in

Ex CDT Auto

When I had my previous 75 CDT ( 4 years ago ) and started having starting problems I went to a local well known garage for their top of the range diagnostic machine to tell me the problem after speaking to a former Rover mechanic who recommended them..

£45 lighter I was informed that it was bad news, the high pressure diesel pump had gone and that the price of a replacement was £900 just for the part plus labour to fit.

I was advised to trawl round to a small garage on the other side of Barry Dock from the diagnostic place because he might have one ( which he didn't and who expressed amazement that the garage would think that he might )

Having had a nose round this site I bought a guaranteed second hand intank pump for £40 and another garage fitted it for £45.

Job fixed, car back running fine for £85 instead of being scrapped on the advice of the well respected repair and diagnostic garage still operating out of the Nissan huts on Barry Dock.

Normally I would have been straight back down for my £45 diagnostic fee back but I was so annoyed that I thought it better not to call down in case things got out of hand.
bendrick is offline   Reply With Quote