Old 24th November 2021, 13:30   #129
Saga Lout
This is my second home

MG ZT and Rover 75,

Thanked 2,685 Times in 1,037 Posts
Default Well then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by another_clean_sheet View Post
You keep saying give me the facts but all we have heard from you is opinions.
This is not just about anti bodies which decline over time whether through having a jab or having caught Covid but the effect of T cells which amongst other actions help control the B cells. B cells produce antibodies. The Astra Zeneca vacinne is particularly efficient in producing long lasting T cell immunity.
By the way as I mentioned in post #111 a nurse colleague who works in an ICU unit says 9 out of 10 have not been jabbed. This is not the 32:1 ratio from the ONS but is still a significant difference none the less, but is based on a smaller sample not the 100k's of the ONS.
I'll rest my case here, you have an opinion and we'll let it run it's course. My natural immunity will outlast any of the vaccines and, by next year you'll all be taking a fourth and fifth jab to keep antibodies up. The problem facing everyone, vaccinated or not is that this virus will get most of the people on the planet before it fades, the natural immunity to it will kill it in the end. The vaccines are not slowing the spread of it but they are keeping people out of hospital. I don't believe any official stats and I despair at the hysteria from those who took the jabs, it's not the job of the unvaccinated to protect those who are, that's the job of the vaccines. The point about people in intensive care doesn't mean the vaccines are working as intended, they are merely cutting risk of hospital stays and I agree with that as a fact but, the vaccines were trumpeted to stop the spread, around 70% less likely was mentioned and immunity to last for a long time after the jabs. In reality we're under a year of vaccines and the third ones are already being dished out to save the world for the third time. At some point the governments will have to admit that natural immunity is the best protection and the data already exists to prove that. I choose not to take the jabs and that's my right, having that right does not give others the right to discriminate that choice. So, two years after we first saw covid we're still fighting it, that two weeks to flatten the curve didn't work out well, the vaccines have bought time for everyone to catch the virus in a safer fashion and that's all they'll do in the end.
Saga Lout is offline   Reply With Quote