View Single Post
Old 7th February 2022, 07:53   #10
MissMoppet
Posted a thing or two

R 75 Tourer diesel Conny 2002, V6 Conny saloon petrol 2003

Quote:
Originally Posted by mileshawk56 View Post
And why not, good luck to them(her) dont be such a grump I shudder at the possible alternative. Chris S.

You can keep your Royalty: but why can't they be slimmed down to be like the Netherlands or Scandinavia?

Bill Gates has committed his fortune to eliminate malaria which still kills over 200,000 people a year in central Africa and Central America. As far as I know only the Princes Trust gives small grants to young people - the rest of the Royal's immense wealth just accumulates. The comparison with Buck House is obscene when millions of Brits live in increasing poverty.

It bemuses me that so many Brits fawn and grovel to the richest family in the UK whose indecent wealth was gained through the centuries by inheritance, war, theft and careful marriage.

This is called the Platinum Year: wouldn't it be wonderful if HMQ similarly committed a large portion of her wealth to helping her many disadvantaged subjects? But it ain't gonna happen of course. If you visit the Royal Mews behind Buck House to admire the gold carriages you'll be asked if you want to complete a charity Gift Aid form. And the charity is . . . The Queen. You couldn't make it up.