View Single Post
Old 6th June 2017, 14:08   #22
Muttley
Regular poster

MG ZT 190+

Default What made you fall for the 75/ZT

Left the military and went straight into company cars, Mondeo Man rides again. Can't really knock 'em as they do what they are meant to do.

Finally got promoted and was now in Audi/BMW/Mercedes range, but it seemed so was everyone else.

I have always been the one who bucked the fashions/trends, and being an MG nut there was only one car for me.

My first was an MG ZT 190 (BL 52 KYK, hope you are still out there) had it for three years and loved it to bits (Anthracite/Alcantara/Straights etc etc) but was racking the miles up too fast and it was out of warranty.

Then MG Rover went under. Local Motorpoint had a pre-registered ZT 190 in Firefrost, BX 54 HUK, 40 miles on the clock (Longbridge to Derby?), 2 year warranty, and all for £11k!!!!

No Brainer! Handed the Black one back and had 9 perfect years and 107k hassle free motoring miles, sad to see it go, but couldn't justify keeping her with an MGB GT and Mini in the garage.

Finally went back into the Company Car Scheme (high mileage anticipated) and had an Audi A5, reliable, sensible, DULL, handles like a galleon. Soon as I could hand it back (4 years or 90k miles), back it went.

Now the happy owner of an 06 ZT 135CDTi, 100k on the clock and will last me the same again, and its more comfortable than, and as economical as the damned Audi!
Muttley is offline   Reply With Quote