View Single Post
Old 8th June 2017, 17:09   #28
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

The Trophy Blue MG ZT.

I used to see the odd one about, and every time I saw one, I'd fall in love again. The lines of the car, the colour that sets off those lines so perfectly. The front of the car, the grill, the lights, both mark 1 and 2. All of it just seemed so right to me.
I have no idea why, I just wanted one. And then, when I needed a car, I had a choice and I just couldn't help myself, I got the 75. It's grey. The thing is, the serpent wheels kind of sold it to me. BUT...I still want the trophy blue MG ZT with the spoiler. I know the estate would be so much more useful, and I know the 75 is a technically more refined ride for my giant fat bottom to not have to squeeze into the bucket seats. And I know the leather is much easier to clean than the blue suede bits on the Alacantra seats. And I know I am rubbish at maintaining cars and cleaning and claying and polishing and blah blah blah. I wish I knew more about the engine as I would cut my left leg (okay, right hand little finger, maybe!) off to be able to service it, tweak it to 200bhp and improve it as so many on here have. But I can't. Hellfire, I can't even transfer my LPG system into it, let alone "improve" it in any way.

And yet, I love driving that car. I like to cruise and I like to put my foot down. I actually dusted off some old cassettes and have been reliving my 80's and 90's. It needs a DD unit, but right now I'm laughing at my tapes. It's the only car I have ever really WANTED, and found I needed no justification for buying it. I needed a car, I wanted an MG ZT, this was available and suited my body better and was cheap so I got it. Mates were telling me the head gasket would die. The car would break. The engine is rubbish. I ought to have brought a Mondeo. Once I fixed the leaks (I mechanic-ed!!!) and had the turbo pipe reattached (I couldn't even work out what was wrong ) that car is simply awesome.

BUT....one day, when I've lost 30 stone or so and my bottom fits in the seats, I WILL have a Trophy Blue MG ZT!!!!

No idea why, but that car does things to the things inside my underpants...
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote