View Single Post
Old 15th June 2019, 10:58   #59
RobSun
Gets stuck in

MGZTT

Quote:
Originally Posted by bl52krz View Post
You state that the car was a petrol car? What has that got to do with diesel? Ever since supermarkets have been selling diesel, I have used it. Never had any problems with it of any shape or form. There are to many people who have a conspiracy theory about supermkts fuel. Please pay attention to the following statement. Supermkt fuel is normally the standard set for the industry. Other fuels,have additives added by the driver of the tanker, as per instructions on the ‘fill’ docket. So all I can say is some people have a vivid imagination on how their car engine is performing. Stop imaging that you are being took for a ride by supermkts diesel.My son is a tanker driver for a well known company, and that is where this info comes from. It is not some sort of dream made facts, like fake news.By the way, I have been driving diesel cars since the 80s, and most definitely will not be moving back to petrol vehicles at any time in the future. Diesels are boring because they so rarely have any trouble.
If you read my first post #9 you would have seen that I referred to using diesel in my ZT-T and other than Morrisons it ran as well with supermarket diesel and Redex as branded fuel. I then mentioned my petrol cars to add that the issue can effect them also.

The Volvo at the MOT was a diesel and the comments made by the garage referred to that car so were pertinent and the evidence he gave and was showing related to contamination in the fuel causing the problem and not necessarily the fuel itself. I had had the same issue after using Morrisons diesel which ended when I stopped using their fuel so I can only come to conclusions based on my experiences. I use supermarket fuel from Sainsbury's but not the 95 Ron petrol because of the bad egg smell not its performance. I check my fuel usage and do find for whatever reasons that on every occasion a tank of petrol goes further from BP than Sainsburys as with diesel unless with Redex added.

I have always accepted the fuels are all from the same plants but as was said on the TV just last week by the fuel manufacturing plants manager, additives are added by the brands after filling up their tankers. I do not accept that V Power etc. is the same as Morrisons or Sainsbury's etc because of this fact.

And if my trousers are full then it smells of roses.
RobSun is offline   Reply With Quote