Thread: Overheating?
View Single Post
Old 15th March 2021, 10:48   #14
paulh260260
Still learning...

Gold 04 75 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, Silver 52 Connie SE 2.5 V6 Petrol, 04 BRG Connie 2.5 V6 Petrol

A bit of an update

I undid the header talk cap this morning as she had stood overnight and there was a very small release of pressure but no noticeable smell of exhaust gasses,could that suggest there is still a small airlock?

Haven't bled her again but did let her idle and even at 100 the top hose still felt cold/cool.

At 100 the low speed fan kicked in but had no effect on the temp as it continued to climb to 106 then I heard a noticeable difference in the fan which I am assuming was the high speed kicking in. Once again the temp continued to rise to 107 then 108 at which time I switched off.

No noticeable leaks either but I heard a gurgle when I listened at the header tank for a few seconds after switching off

So...could the gurgle suggest its still be a stubborn airlock, even at 107 degrees?

If its just the thermostat then that's an easy (ish) solution but more worrying is the build up of mayo, no point solving the overheating if the underlying cause is elsewhere.

Is there a way to determine whats causing the mayo by eliminating each culprit in turn ( IMG, Oil Cooler, Liners, then HGF)?
paulh260260 is offline   Reply With Quote