View Single Post
Old 16th July 2020, 13:02   #20
ceedy
This is my second home

All Trophy Blue ,ZT260#50 , ZT CDTI Auto, ZR105+ and 1.8T Firefrost spoiling the Set .

Thanked 1,214 Times in 768 Posts

On a very slightly lighter note on this pretty dismal thread..

I've been trying to deal with my dads finances, in this case His council tax.

And finding out that South Somerset District council don't see m to be able to deal with anything other than taking money .

organising a poop in a toilet comes to mind ..

I contacted them some weeks ago to arrange a tax reduction as the house was not occupied.
Had a call fro ma lady at the coucncil who took all the details dates etc ,and promised to cancel the DD and arrange any refunds due.

Foolishly I believed her.. .

A few weeks later a Bill for the Full year appeared at the house
A phone call and I was told the Account was at Zero , but no records of any refunds.

But was told to ignore the bill.

Today I come home to find 2 more bills, this time addressed to my home address not my dads one .

One bill in his name showing a confusing pile of numbers but stating amount due zero ?.

The other Bill was in My now deceased Mums name ( she has never had any interest in the home as its all in my dads name) with a small discount for 1 months non occupancy ?? , but no ones been there for over 2 months, and this bill shows over £1100 now due , up to Mar 2021 , the last bill was up to Jan 2021 ? .

Already raised a complaint about the 1st bill with no replies so far , and phoned again to find the person at the other end couldn't work out whats going on ? .

He took lots more info from me and we will see where it all goes ..

Plonkers ( being generous, as could over load the swear filter here )
Wifey's Zr105, MY CDTI & 260 #50 and
Number One sons 1.8T in Firefrost
When I were a lad
Zero to 142 in 10.25 secs at the Pod on my Blown Norton.
210 Kart Champ in 70's

Last edited by ceedy; 16th July 2020 at 14:21..
ceedy is offline   Reply With Quote