View Single Post
Old 20th November 2011, 14:21   #95
Roverowner
Retired

CDTi Tourer 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by martin green View Post
wrong JUST BECAUSE YOU FEEL it has to go, does not mean it will, by the way 1760 yards to a mile or 5280 feet to the mile or 20 cwt to 1 tonne.

Nothing wrong with that AND THE FRENCH did invent it, like the gent said, and the weights system was used upto year 2000, in which the EU (which i hate along with most brits)

Drove the stake into it, to match up with there (con man market) . The united states do not use metric in anyway, The man on the street form and the LBS dominates the Kilo...to the point kilo do not even get a mention....

Its funny the imperial nation (USA)is a world dominator and europe which is meant to foward looking Metric is backward in actions....and bankrupt.

NO EUROPE DROVE IMPERIAL OUT, LIKE SENDING PEOPLE TO JAIL FOR SELLING IN THAT WEIGHT FORMAT.

But they don't give a rats a*se about the older generation of brits who like using it.....NO SUNSHINE YOUR WRONG AND BRAINWASHED.
Oh dear, take it easy or you´ll have a HGF. I´ve left it behind as a piece of history, nothing to get all fired up about. I remember the girlfriends mother in 1971 getting all confused over having 100 pence to the pound instead of 240. She got used to it in a week or so.
Roverowner is offline   Reply With Quote