View Single Post
Old 18th November 2020, 15:45   #1
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

Default How has Corona affected your life

Out of interest what effect has this dreadful epidemic had on you? The reason I ask is I was talking to a friend who has lost his job, he will need to sell his house ( because he cant afford to keep it on) and his wifes sister is still terribly ill with Covid after several months. Another friend is probably going to get divorced because after several months in lockdown and both working from home they realise they dont want to be together any longer.

I will get this started.

I work for myself and my income has more than halved with no help from the government, luckily my wife has picked up some extra hours so we are paying all the bills.

We have had no holidays or time away.

On a plus I have managed to get a lot of the jobs done on my classic car and the list of jobs on the house is so small now I could probably get them done in a weekend. I forgot how much I hated painting

We now try and go for a good walk or cycle ride at least once a week and try and make Sunday's a day we do something nice even if it is only a takeaway.

My 89 year old mother is worried she will spend the rest of her life in some sort of lockdown. We are hoping we can have a family Christmas more for her than anything.

Over to you. Positives and negatives please.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote