View Single Post
Old 18th November 2020, 18:19   #4
wraymond
This is my second home

75 Auto 2.5 SE

Thanked 1,680 Times in 1,014 Posts

Positives:

Fewer visits to Lakeside and Bluewater.

If Celia sees this there will be negative repercussions. It means more frequent visits to local high streets and sensible shops were you can actually buy something you really want without having to queue around the block for something flimsy you can well do without. I wouldn’t wear it anyway.

Everybody, yes everybody, now says Good Morning! They don’t actually say the exclamation mark but you can hear it! On my daily 3 mile walk for a paper I meet about a dozen people and now, possibly in a Blitz moment, everyone says hello. New acquaintances and possible friends-to-be.

Manners. People are careful about rubbing your nether regions with inanimate objects like trolleys and letting mutts sniff at you. Oh, and coughing all over you.

Never thought I’d be glad of the foreign ‘2 metre’ (shouldn’t that be an ‘er’?) signs everywhere. Now, peeps give you space to turn round and don’t try to read the paper that’s under your arm.

The lottery counter queue is decimated.

Plenty more but the point is made.

Negatives: People are ill. The now familiar scenes are sad to watch and we hope recovery follows but know not all will do so speedily. Loving families are kept apart because managers are scared of being sued. Was there ever a more disgraceful abdication of human decency?

The young have their promise, but the elderly have built it for them, and are still paying.
We could all do with a dose of the best medicine, the truth.

Last edited by wraymond; 18th November 2020 at 18:22..
wraymond is offline   Reply With Quote