View Single Post
Old 11th May 2021, 10:40   #5
kelvo
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 190 SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vossy View Post
I have spent much more than my car is worth (ZT Cdti) over the last 12 months on parts alone, my son is a mechanic and so he does do a lot for me which helps but I am always doing running stuff on it.
I own a preserved double decker bus and hate to think how much I have spend on this over the years, I mean it does around 8 mpg and has a 55 gallon fuel tank for a start...

I am lucky that I have been able to do pretty much everything on it myself, including engine rebuild after it wrecked a couple of pistons and a repaint twice since I've owned it - coach painted, so you would be looking at few £k for a decent job on this for a start. Had four new tyres on the rear a couple of years back and that was just over £1k.

To me, I have the vehicles I have because I enjoy them. I have my dad's Volvo 740, nothing special just a 2l auto, won't win any Grand Prix away from the lights, is probably worse for fuel economy around town than my ZT but being an estate is a good work horse, but has recently developed lacquer peel on the roof so will probably look at getting this resprayed - again won't add any value to the car, but spoils the look of it to me.
kelvo is offline   Reply With Quote