View Single Post
Old 26th July 2017, 11:53   #25
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

We will all be driving automatics by 2040.

I reckon in the next 2 years the government will start the push towards EV's by way of the vehicle scrappage scheme, will be something like £4,000 towards a low emission petrol motor, £6,000 for a Hybrid, and £8,000 for a fully electric vehicle, obviously I could be way out with those figures.

The government and the vehicle manufactures will want to see how the sale's figures pan-out before they make any drastic changes, they will want to see how the general public adopt to EV ownership.

In the next 5-10 years we will have a massive increase in EV public charge-points, petrol stations will be the first, then at the workplace, large business will be favoured. This will be followed by large retail parks, train stations, airports and hospitals etc.

Petrol fuel will be massively expensive, forcing the motorist to move over to EV ownership. Once EV's have their foothold, then watch the government set the figures high in owning and running one. There will be new fee's to pay, or increased charging costs (it will be like petrol and diesel taxations all over again).

Last edited by Dallas; 26th July 2017 at 12:07..