View Single Post
Old 26th May 2019, 12:24   #3
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by J1MBO View Post
Hi John

The Mk4 can read CD-ROMs as that's what is used to upgrade the system ie: to install the latest software or update the splashscreen, though I've never tried seeing if it would read a Mk3 navigation CD.

Have you also upgraded to a widescreen tv/video unit yet as the system isn't going to display correctly until you have one installed.

As previously mentioned I've a BMW Road Map Europe High 2009-2 DVD which even though being old would be a better bet to check your Mk4 with, plus a v:32 SW 4-1/02 update CD-ROM with a MG-Rover splashscreen.

Jim
Jim,
Just wanted to prove/quick check that the new drive was 'working' normally as the vendor is now on holiday (I hope it's just a holiday....) in Spain. At this moment I'm not sure what I've purchased, was surprised to find that old disc inside but now uncertain if it's actually reading since I can't vouch for the disc integrity/usefulness. When it's inserted the screen requests 'to wait' and after about 30 sec changes to 'No CD/DVD, insert CD/DVD disc'
Clearly your discs should now clear up any mystery before I go spending more dosh on a BMW TV/hybrid module (or getting a refund on the drive). The widescreen is fitted and the 'old' 4:3 screen fonts/format have changed plus I've got the X5 splashscreen which I guess is embedded in the Mk4 drive firmware.
I'll PM you - if you are free/around over this weekend/early in the week maybe I could drop over

Last edited by rab60bit; 26th May 2019 at 12:27..
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote