View Single Post
Old 4th September 2019, 23:25   #10
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
I’ve taken a deposit on my 75, its as everyone says a reluctant decision. I’ve had it more than five years and enjoyed owning it, I have a mg tf to sort out as well as all the other things I need to do with my life.

I’m afraid I didn’t feel in tune with what seems to be a widespread pro Brexit view strongly expressed by many on here. That actually put me off owning a 75. The final straw came a while ago when I was verbally abused in a post by a well known Brexit supporter. I complained to the moderators about the choice use of language without any response.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mbev51 View Post
Thanks for the replies. I’m not interested in reviewing old posts, I’ve a thick skin. I’m not upset at all, just moving on.
I cannot help but feel this post is another back door entry into a discussion on how much you disagree with Brexit (which for the record, I am too, at least in the form it was presented when you started getting involved in political discussions on the forum and the subsequent attempts to make a deal, but since it was democratically chosen, I cannot deny the choice of the majority). If you really were not upset, you would not have mentioned the apparent abuse and especially Brexit at all. No one deserves to be verbally abused, but if you are part of a forum that you cannot condone or support, then you leave the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by klarzy View Post
Why sell a good car just because of opinion on a bulletin board....
Bit like leaving home because you dont like the estate agent...

Just walk away from the forum and keep the motor...
You sell a good car because you have become bored of it or have a better one(s) to use, then relish the opportunity to use the decision as ammunition against those who disagreed with your stance in political discussions. People here do that with real ammunition!

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!