View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 06:17   #43
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by coolguy View Post
I always park at the furthest point from the entrance in supermarkets or retail parks, and take my worst car, which had a few tiny dings before I got it - Still a ZT though! It also has a tow bar ( not used by me), which fends off others when parallel parking!

I usually find it is older relatives or children in the rear of cars that do the most damage by just flinging doors open.

Perhaps I should just buy a modern europox (deliberately mis-typed), which I wouldn't care about so much - all my cars are over 12 years old and much loved.

This is so true ten years ago I had a Maestro which was one owner from new with 20,000 miles on it, whilst driving up past our local Iceland which is a one way street with cars parked outside the front of the shop. this leaves more than 2 full lanes as there is an old taxi rank opposit the shop.
driving up the road the car 50 yards in front stops dubble parking in front of the store I am driving past it when the rear door of the car was flung open into the centre of the front wing, with enough force for me to fold the door forward into the car and to bend the front door pillor of B927 BUS sadly the damage done was to cause the cars demise. It was an old lady geting out of a taxi well she was younger than me but she did not even look the raod I was on just went into the shop leaving the taxi driver to pass on his details the car was insured on a classic policy for 2k sadly the cost of a proper repair due to the perfect impact point was going to be more like 5K, A full body Jig would have been required as the car was paralaxed. The only consolation was the six month old skoda taxi was also a write off. impact speed was about 6MPH but I had just stood on the go pedal OUCH!!!!
so they dont just do it in car parks.
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote