View Single Post
Old 30th December 2020, 18:17   #10
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

I drove to the cross roads this afternoon. There is no problems with visibility. The chap in the video pointed out it was the A pillar of cars that was an issue as well as cars approaching the stop sign were coming from behind the cars travelling south on the main road, from the right. It did not look that way this afternoon.
I don't think he mentioned that drivers fail to stop at the stop line which could be seen in his video. The size of the A pillar "would not be an issue" if people stopped and looked.

The work has not been done, there is a fenced off area that I presume will be the new part of the road. Now here is a thought.
Traffic will approach the main road, stop, pull out onto main road, turn left, drive only a "few" yards and either slow or stop to turn right and...... get rear ended cos they pulled out in front of an approaching car. They need to swop the side roads so drivers turn left of the main road and not right.

macafee2

when I posted I had thought turning left as better but it makes no difference, I don't know why I got myself confused but I did, sorry.
Rear end risk remains

Last edited by macafee2; 8th January 2021 at 20:49..
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote