Oldoaks
Regular poster

Rover 75 Contemporary SE

Quote:
Originally Posted by jim_k View Post
Hi,

I'd like to buy a used Jaguar and my budget is up to £6.5k. My criteria is:

* I'd like something with under 80k miles
* Nice colour, I like red and white, something noticeable. I'm not a fan of silver.
* I prefer manual but know most XF's are autos
* I'd like a diesel
* I'd like the best possible spec possible. I know there are LWB models although these are rare and this is maybe asking too much for my budget!

If anyone comes across something that looks good, I'd appreciate any leads.

Cheers,
Jim
I have just sold a high mileage XF Diesel so here are a few comments from my own experiences. The car had done 160k, honestly you’d not have known it! Interior trim had all worn very well.

I had a 3.0 Diesel, definitely a better than a 2.7, mine was the 240bhp model not the 275bhp ‘S’ model. To be honest the 240 model was rapid and certainly you’ll appreciate it if you’ve come from a 75 diesel!

I went for a car with good history, the Cambelts on them are an expensive change but well worth doing. Equally check that the engine has been run on good oil not just on the cheapest 10w40 that Halfords have.

As far as I am aware all XF’s are Automatics and also the LWB you speak of was a China only model.

I would certainly go for it though! They are lovely cars and a nice heir to a 75.
Oldoaks is offline   Reply With Quote