View Single Post
Old 25th November 2021, 12:55   #162620
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestrat View Post
Get ours online, about 30 quid for a 20 kilo bag of sunflower hearts (free delivery), last roughly a month. Tried mixed seeds in the past but all that happened was they ate the sunflower seeds and threw the other ones over their shoulder resulting in all weird kinds of triffids sprouting around the base of the feeder.

Yeah I think I'll have to get it online in future, ASDA's wild bird seed is really expensive.

Well I've been all around the houses today! Wilko's Bolton branch were showing out of stock for bird seed so I jumped on the train to Wigan, I got two 5kg bags of wild bird seed for £8 never thinking I'm not in the car & have to carry this lot along with some cat biscuits/treats

The bleddy handle broke on the plastic bag so I had to go back into Wilko's and I bought a cheap backpack for 5 quid (it'll come in handy) Back to Wigan Wallgate station & since the pandemic the timetables have changed and the train I needed was on the WCML western station, you can see it from Wigan Wallgate station but it's a bit of a walk for an owd phart like me with a gammy knee

I ended up catching the Manchester Piccadilly train as it would have been over an hour til the next Manchester Victoria train which stops at my nearest station (they used to run every 31 minutes) .I got to the main Bolton station then jumped on a bus which is next door to the railway station to get home Good job it costs me nowt with the free travel pass Me right knee is the size of a football again and is screaming now
I'm tempted to open a bottle of Henry's to take an handful of painkillers.

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote