View Single Post
Old 12th March 2017, 20:38   #29
Arryhall
Loves to post

Rover 75

Sorry, I ought to be more specific with my comment. The rare bit was actually about the caring aspect: when several weeks of planning and organising, after months of observing and setting things in motion, getting forces together from different areas for something like a drugs raid, only to have the judges give the guilty and caught criminals 20 hours community service and basically let off; when long standing operations are undertaken only for the top brass to cancel the op at the 11th hour, you can see it is almost impossible for a professional to continue caring year after fruitless year. The officers I know consider things more of a game than anything. Do the job, catch the crims, watch as they are given a years suspended sentence, time served whilst awaiting court. They are let out, although that's a phrase as they are never inside to be let out, for the cops to have to catch them again and go through the same rigmarole.
I wouldn't give a monkeys either if I were a cop, but then I couldn't handle it. Doesn't mean there aren't some coppers that are borderline criminals themselves, and thems the ones that give the others a bad name.
Arryhall is offline   Reply With Quote