View Single Post
Old 3rd August 2019, 17:00   #20
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
The RAC and AA policies are very clear that with the "Recovery" option, they will take you and your vehicle to a "single destination". That destination is chosen by the member.

If one thinks about it, the cover cannot really be anything else as otherwise some people would have them running around the country collecting family and friends.

Is there not any cover specifically for caravan owners - perhaps organised by caravaning organsations - that caters for the specific requirement of caravaners?
I wonder if there is a separate policy for a caravan, what about a boat on a trailer? I used to do agency work for the AA when they ran air ambulances. I still have my staff ID. I remember a case I attended in Hungary. The customer had taken out the 5 star insurance for his car, himself and a relative. He got into trouble meeting a lady of the night employed by the mafia .....he did not pay for her services and they smashed up his Mercedes stretch, took his passport, money and locked him up in one of their hotels. The AA arranged for the Merc to be repatriated back to the UK on a flatbed. The relative fled fearing for his life and alerted us. I had to meet with a mafia rep and get this man out trouble, then back to the UK. It was made very clear during the meeting I had with the bad guys, that if I didn’t do something, the customer would come to serious harm (hostage cover - this was not included in the policy). Cut a long story short, I got him home unharmed and he got his Merc back.

Yesterday, I had a problem with the brakes and had to call the AA out. Using their app, I was able to track the arrival of the AA. He arrived within 45 minutes. and found a split pin in the drum rolling loose. He reassembled everything. I went for a test drive, seemed ok but the brakes will need to repaired and the ABS light is permanently on etc

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 3rd August 2019 at 17:03..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote