View Single Post
Old 28th May 2019, 20:56   #10
Dallas
This is my second home

1979 Capri 1.6L, 1982 Capri 1.6L, 2016 Dacia Stepway

Thanked 3,397 Times in 2,218 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by vacuman View Post
My '56 plate 190 was £555 VED at the start of this month. But, on the plus side, it's worth more than I paid for it over two years ago as best I can tell. Plus my insurance is well under £200.

How much does your Darcia depreciate each year?
Blooming heck! Stan £555.

I got a great deal on the Dacia, it actually turned out to be the third one we had in just under one month. We had a few problems with the first two regarding faults, so we had to settle for a non brand new one as it had some miles on the clock already.

The reason being was, it was the only petrol Laureate model in the UK at the time, all the others were either diesel or the lower spec version, so we snapped it up quickly. I don't think I would lose too much money if I were to sell it tomorrow, these pre 2017 registered petrol Stepway Laureate models with the Stop/Start and the LG Media Nav are still holding their price in the second-hand used car market (March 2017 and onwards now costs £145 for 12 months VED).

We have saved roughly £600 on VED these past few years when compared to our old 2.3i Ford Galaxy as the daily driver, plus if I take into account the fuel saving running the Dacia when compared against the Ford Galaxy, this easily amounts to £2,000.

These figures amount to roughly a £,3000 saving, this would mean I haven't lost any money really. Also not having to pay for any MOT work or breakdowns over these past few years has been another saving, as I'm sure the old 2003 Ford Galaxy would have needed a few things done by now, so that's another few hundred quid saved.

Last edited by Dallas; 28th May 2019 at 22:30..
Dallas is offline   Reply With Quote