View Single Post
Old 12th August 2019, 12:17   #19
Abott10

Thanked 1,917 Times in 1,328 Posts

Sound advice Sonic and thanks for taking the time to post making others aware.

Over the past twenty odd years, correction rather more, I have used those various devices many times. On more than one occasion, I have parked up at a Motorway services and closeby a Police Motorway Patrol car parked with the occupants eating sandwiches. Obviously they eyeballed my "rig" but nothing done. My set up with working Tow Board looks the part.

When my ZT-T's Clutch Pedal hit the floor and stayed there, the recovering AA Van was only a 2 litre diesel.

All those dangers you outline apply equally to a perfectly legal towing set-up of course. Jack-knife scenario for the less wary. In the final analysis it's all down to the quality of the nut holding the steering wheel.

I'm left wondering how and why in recent years, these ever tighter legislation creep guidelines have been introduced. I smell the rats of creeping EU advice and influence. After all, the best safety device in any vehicle is the quality of the "nut" holding the steering wheel. More lowering of the rules to fit the lowest common denominator will never be enough.
Abott10 is offline   Reply With Quote