View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 07:51   #12
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Without a shadow of doubt the provision of online education in the case of public schools as opposed to state schools are miles apart.

It should also be noted that the parents of children who are educated privately are usually by definition able to provide their children with the latest up to date equipment in the home to take advantage of this.

What is not taken into consideration is the damage caused to all children by the inability to interact with their peers.

I have said this previously that the people that should be prioritised for vaccine treatment should they wish to take it up, are healthcare workers, education providers and support staff, and care home staff.

The problem with starting with the elderly as priority, and without appearing to be harsh is the knock on effect of the disruption of the education of children is far more damaging to the economy and society as a whole.

It is considerably easier to shield our elderly than attempt to prevent the transmission of the virus via our children, and the ramifications for future generations by our actions presently.

Both my sister and brother and law are employed as teachers, however employed at opposite ends of the scale so to speak.

My sister works in a private prep school for boys in an affluent area of Newcastle, and my brother in law in a state secondary school in a deprived area of North Tyneside.

The differences in the way the two systems operate are quite stark to say the least.

Finally my own experience of education in the olden days of black and white, consisted of quite a bit of corporal punishment, coupled with teachers spending a lot of time in a smokey staffroom and the stink of Banda ink and strike action by teachers, resulting in being taught in the home of one teacher who refused to come out on strike !!

Yes a lot of teachers were at the time ultra left wing, but not all

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote