View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 08:06   #13
marinabrian

MG ZT

Thanked 10,837 Times in 5,718 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I must tell my daughter who is maths teacher in a state school in Yorkshire that she has additional time off to go on holiday. It will play havoc with all online lessons she's doing, the phone calls to and from pupils along with the emails from other pupils. Not all within the working day of course but also long into the evenings.
She's not a Marxist sofar as I know but I'm pleased to say she is a fully paid up trade union member.
All the teachers I know are working, supporting as many pupils as they are able.
I think Kev might have been referring to this type of activity ...........THIS or indeed THIS

The similarities between the two articles, and parallels drawn show that any action taken with a thirty year intervening period does not appear to have been successful in the case of teachers in the capital.

I'm would have though that neither my sister or brother in law are motivated by these types of radical activities, and that people who suspect teachers have an "easy time" at the moment, are fairly blinkered to the reality of life.

Brian
marinabrian is offline   Reply With Quote