View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 18:20   #20
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Simondi View Post
I must tell my daughter who is maths teacher in a state school in Yorkshire that she has additional time off to go on holiday. It will play havoc with all online lessons she's doing, the phone calls to and from pupils along with the emails from other pupils. Not all within the working day of course but also long into the evenings.
She's not a Marxist sofar as I know but I'm pleased to say she is a fully paid up trade union member.
All the teachers I know are working, supporting as many pupils as they are able.
Somebody must have been going to Bournemouth. Never heard in any interview I have seen whereby the teaching unions have mentioned the importance of pupils being in the classroom.

o.k. for the binman to croak, after emptying the bin. o.k. for power station worker to keel over as long the green button was pressed etc., etc. There have been some teachers who have continued to work with key worker and disadvantaged children. I don't know if the teachers rotate or not but the issue here, as stated by the unions, is safety. What they choose to ignore is the huge numbers of people who are key and essential workers. I myself work in a facility which we have to work within two meters of each other. So, I have chanced my arm (as have NHS front-line staff) and ignored my own safety and wellbeing for the sake of the many who are sick.

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote