View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 16:40   #24
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by sworks View Post
But, I guarantee people will fall out, self moderation generally doesn’t work. Just my thoughts
I can see this as well, however, there is the report function which would allow someone to report the thread with the hope that an impartial third party who would then do as they saw fit. (if they have time - which I am fully appreciative of, that moderators have lives to live too)

The biggest issue I have seen, is the lack of tolerance, sometimes from so called tolerant people. What I may feel is offensive or derogatory, another may see it as everyday normal thoughts. In the end it could simply be a misinterpretation. Misinterpretation, can and has happened on this forum on non political threads.

I would ask everyone, to simply pause for a moment, which is difficult in the heat of, to simply think 'could that offensive remark be said with a different tone than 'I' am reading it?' - benefit of the doubt an' all that.

Maybe I am just thick skinned, or just dont care what others think of me and can move on. This forum, is just that, a forum. It doesnt affect my life, in any negative way, and once you allow this imaginary place to do so, then it may be time to reconsider your internet activity.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!