View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 20:07   #28
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
It happens time and time again, a clash of personalities, old scores to settle, the bully mentality and those who are never wrong and will throw a tantrum if challenged. Then there are members who are part of select group “ a click” who will side up and push the minority out.

In the meantime there is a forum for political debate and discussion outside of this club the political diehards/desperados can try:

http://thepoliticalforums.com/forums/17-World-Affairs?

By all means have a closed room for bar talk, I suggest a trial period. I wouldn’t expect it to be moderated.
May I say, Phil, that yours is a stupendously written piece - something that one such as myself can only dream of.

I suspect the forum to which you linked is for those with a high degree of political knowledge, understanding and sophistication, whereas we here tend to be rather amateurish which I also suspect is the reason for the way that such political "debates" generally end up.

I do however feel that you may be mistaken about cliques and mutually supportive small groups on the forum.

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
Why not, because of this place I have made many friends, some I would class as lifelong friends, what better place to discuss things and have banter with mates and likeminded folk. We may not all agree on religion, politics, sex, or whatever, but we should have an area where we can banter about it all.
I suspect Andy, this is because you do not engage in the political threads and have not been at the receiving end of the overbearing tactics of a few that have caused many good members to leave the forum.

I for one believe that the day the forum management allow politics to be a valid subject for discussion on the forum, will be the day that the downward slide of the car side of forum begins/accelerates.