View Single Post
Old 25th May 2019, 20:13   #29
trikey
Premium Trader

Rover 75

Thanked 14,831 Times in 8,030 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mss View Post
May I say, Phil, that yours is a stupendously written piece - something that one such as myself can only dream of.

I suspect the forum to which you linked is for those with a high degree of political knowledge, understanding and sophistication, whereas we here tend to be rather amateurish which I also suspect is the reason for the way that such political "debates" generally end up.

I do however feel that you may be mistaken about cliques and mutually supportive small groups on the forum.

I suspect Andy, this is because you do not engage in the political threads and have not been at the receiving end of the overbearing tactics of a few that have caused many good members to leave the forum.

I for one believe that the day the forum management allow politics to be a valid subject for discussion on the forum, will be the day that the downward slide of the car side of forum begins/accelerates.
The forum has been on a decline for a number of years Maninder, we had many outspoken member here at one time (Pab, Flyer, MrDoodles etc) It was a far livelier place back then.

I try not to engage in the political threads too much, I prefer to concentrate on the car side of things, I do like a 'free speech' attitude though, we are all different, good and bad amongst us all.