View Single Post
Old 16th October 2020, 08:20   #155155
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lancpudn View Post
Morning all, The water blew the electrics overnight I've been on mop & bucket duty most of the night We finally got the plumbing company back first thing this morning, who returned the 80 quid call out as they couldn't fix it, We weren't supposed to get any work done til the insurance assessor had been which would have meant waiting another 24 hours with water pouring in That's just ridiculous.

Missus is upset they're ripping the kitchen units out & chasing the plaster off the walls as it's sodden

The water has got into the cavity under the living room & that will need pumping out. I've been round to the neighbours to tell them about the water needs turning off for a while, The trouble is the stopc0ck on the lead inlet pipe is only 2" above the concrete floor & they're having trouble digging it out, The decking outside might have to be torn up yet to get at the lead pipework under the back garden, Deep joy.
A miserable experience to have to go through.

If your not happy with the loss adjuster, make a complaint and ask for him to be replaced. We had to do this after a bush fire burnt the house down. The loss adjuster visited and accused us of starting the fire. He was a ghastly man with pointed vampire back teeth and sinister looking eyes. Thankfully the insurance company apologised and had him replaced. They tried to say we were under insured but we would not have it. You don’t have to agree with everything they say
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote