View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2020, 20:11   #12
Parisien
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon 2006, MG ZT 190+ 2002

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Mighty Quinn View Post
Yeah, the carpet and sponge come as one and it’s fairly straightforward to remove. Just try to remember where all the screws go!

All the lower interior trim needs to be popped off, or out (carpet sill trims, heater closure panels, driver’s footrest, lower A and B post trims); front seats out; rear seat cushion up; seatbelt lower bolts undone; remove gaiters and surrounds for handbrake and gear lever; stereo and centre console out (there’s a plug to disconnect the electronics of the centre console at the front near the passenger cup holder, once you lift the console up a little - no need to undo the hazard switches etc.); and take out the the gear lever, if auto (pulls straight up and out - be careful not to injure yourself at this, as it comes undone abruptly).

At this stage, you’ll need to wiggle the carpet out from under the dash trim at the bulkhead and then loosen up remaining portions of the carpet (be very careful not to rip the carpet when you’re wooling at it - quite easy to tear, particularly near the gear lever opening in the centre).
Shove the rear air vents (located under the front seats) through their carpet openings and then you’ll be ready to carefully remove the carpet through the driver side rear door (folding driver and passenger sides of the carpet up and together, to let it out).

Think that’s the most of it. I’ve done this twice now, but I would certainly suggest a second pair of hands for the removal part, especially if the carpet is wet (that sponge can hold many gallons of water!).

Good luck,
Karl.

Karl/guys, useful info on this thread, just laid my hands on a 2002 ZT 190+, passenger side carpet waterlogged, any other hints re seat removal or detaching any other wiring, connectors I need to know about, never done this before, hoping the son can provide an extra pair of hands on Sunday

P
Parisien is offline   Reply With Quote