View Single Post
Old 23rd October 2020, 21:54   #13
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Parisien View Post
Karl/guys, useful info on this thread, just laid my hands on a 2002 ZT 190+, passenger side carpet waterlogged, any other hints re seat removal or detaching any other wiring, connectors I need to know about, never done this before, hoping the son can provide an extra pair of hands on Sunday

P
Hi Frank,

It's a pretty nerve-wracking job to tackle for the first time, but don't be afraid of it - just make sure you undo the battery for at least 30 minutes before messing around with any airbag connectors (that's what I've always heard, anyway).

Best advice is to just take your time and work through it methodically - drop a message on here if you get stuck with anything. Seats are the first item to get out - leaves lots more room for everything else thereafter..

I've put together a few pics in the attached PDF which cover most of the main items, from memory. Hopefully someone else will chip in for any items I've forgotten

If the carpet is obviously wet, it will be VERY heavy and awkward to move (get help and be careful not to rip it) - and it will take weeks, maybe even months, to dry out thoroughly.

Good luck,
Karl.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf REMOVING CARPET.pdf (1.44 MB, 38 views)
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote