View Single Post
Old 20th October 2010, 21:14   #105
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by r44712 View Post
I've used the above and which has leads me to ask what's the average expected running temp? I've heard 88 and 92 banded about - what's the stat rated at? Mine runs at 72degC and if I push the engine, it'll max-out at 77degC.

The running temperatures have been taken from the dash OBD.
The properly working stat is rated at 88 deg C. Mine was reading 82, new car to me, so I decided to get it swapped out for a new one. It now runs at around 88 and seems to have made some small difference to the mpg. I think with a new stat you will definately see an improvement in mpg and better heat into the cab.

It might be worth waiting to see how this easy fit aftermarket stat works out longer term, before tackling the much more difficult job of fitting an OEM type.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote