View Single Post
Old 26th September 2020, 19:04   #10
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by VVC-Geeza View Post
I'm very surprised that there isn't an airport type metal detector system that suspects have to pass through when brought into custody.Might have prevented this tragedy.He was only a few months off retirement too.Very sad indeed.
'Suspects' could be covered in jewelry, intimate piercings etc. It would create a bottle neck that could cause more issues (think of airport security). In this instance, it would probably cause another police officers death, as the gunman would have likely have pulled it out sooner, although there may have been more officers surrounding him.

But ultimately, I cant help suspect that it will probably come down to some form of human rights violation

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
I must have misheard the news on TV. They said, while handcuffed, he 'was shot five times'. How do you shoot yourself five times, let alone handcuffed?
Automatic pistol, or involuntary twitching on the trigger finger due to brain injury Or he kept missing somewhere fatal, just a guess - I havent read/heard the story, could he have shot the police man five times?

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote