View Single Post
Old 5th December 2020, 23:00   #155997
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Georgies Dad View Post
Seems like you have both been through the mangle Phil,good to read that you are both recovering fine,stay safe.
Thanks Steve, hope your okay, we will get through this Yesterday, Jessica got the results of her cervical MRI scan and a second opinion: 3 fractures in her thoracic spine, but they are 2 months old. Prescribed medication and offered physio and a spinal fusion for the long term. We are not rushing into the spinal surgery option. She is wearing a chest brace and gets around walking using 2 sticks. On the whole she is coping well considering how painful it is.

Then our 4x4 misbehaved itself with the clutch having to be replaced. Garage said “we cleaned the engine”. Good job I checked, oil was sprayed out from the back of the rocker cover...... cracked in 2 places. No covers available locally, so found one in Johannesburg which has now been ordered (800 miles away from us). Garage is in the Cape and the part has to be flown down. In the meantime we have a rental, a Merc C class which has a bizarre brake set up in the footwell. The hand brake is a foot pedal and the release is a pull handle on the dash. I can’t complain too much as the rental is banger money at £17 per day.

Today it’s been 30C and we had afternoon tea on the patio, enjoying the weather and on Monday pm we are having the Covid tests prior to flying back to Kenya on Thursday.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote