View Single Post
Old 29th April 2022, 07:57   #165007
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
As you choose, I am still not very 100% , but the low feeling can be very strong for me sometimes, and until I get the new head operation I can get it hope not to be too long to wait it.
Good morning Richard, rally round as many health professionals to support your need for head operation, my thinking here to include a recommendation from a psychiatrist but of course you would need to be assessed and the case made.

Similar:

Several years ago, a friend and former colleague lost his wife to breast cancer. After she passed he struggled to cope and he become depressed, not able to work, he would ring me up with desperate ideas of wanting to throw himself under a train.

He followed my advice and was seen by a psychiatrist who diagnosed an intractable grief reaction, he never got over her death but with the recommendation from the psychiatrist he received medical retirement from the NHS. He also received antidepressants and counselling which kept him going and managed to treat him as an outpatient.

Before his wife passed away, she took out lots of loans running to tens of thousands of pounds of debt. The diagnosis and medical reports enabled him to use various insurances to pay off her debts. A few years down the road he met someone and remarried. He returned to work in private practice as a clinical psychologist. I think he will never get over his wife’s death but he has learned to adapt and live with it.

Do fight against the negativity Richard , you deserve better, stay strong.
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote