View Single Post
Old 26th July 2021, 23:41   #5
frankgoldstar
Avid contributor

Rover 75 Conny Saloon

Default Sorry for the late reply

Quote:
Originally Posted by StewartIngram View Post
I could be interested, depending on what the equipment is, but I'm also a distance away in Cambs?

Stewart
Dear Stewart, apologies for not replying sooner. I think you are a bit far away to take advantage, but just in case something could be worked out - The ICE is from a 54 plate CDTI connie SE. It has the head with the smaller TV screen in, the CD unit located in the glovebox, the TV unit from the boot and the radio unit from the boot. It has the woody steering wheel with the ICE controls on, so it was pretty much top of the range back then. On the minus side, I have never heard it working, but the Rover guys I bought the car from told me the wiring loom had corroded connectors, so that was why it did not work. They had disconnected the wiring due to the corroded connections, but the head unit and all the other units had powered up, but not worked. The wiring loom in the boot does indeed have corroded pins, so all that agreed with what I was told. Maybe you could find a 75 owning member near to me that I could pass the kit onto with a view to them getting it nearer you in the South. Near where I live in Marton on the outskirts of Blackpool, there are plenty of 75's, and even more of the 45 and 25 models. I have yet to meet a member, but covid has not helped in that. I hope this helps. Best, Frank B
frankgoldstar is offline   Reply With Quote