View Single Post
Old 3rd January 2022, 16:32   #13210
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Sunny and mild as forecast so I was able to change the automatic transmission fluid as per Beinet1's excellent How-To. First time for ages that a job went perfectly! I'd prepped with 1 metre of 12mm plastic pipe for the pump-out via the oil cooler, made sure the filler funnel fitted inside the small filler hole on top of the gearbox, laid thick cardboard under the car, and went through the steps sequentially. My only slight concern had been sliding the pipe off the stud on the oil cooler as some people have had difficulties with it, but it popped off after 5 careful minutes of figuring out how the release clip worked! 7.75 litres changed. The old stuff was well stinky!

Also took the front bumper off & changed the intercooler O-rings as one had popped out and the other had dropped down inside (I found it). Then changed the headlight & indicator bulbs to better ones, put it all back together including the undertray which has been off for a couple of months, and decided I'd plenty of time and inclination left to change the front discs and pads seeing as everything had gone swimmingly! Finished at 3:30pm & took the car for a 10-mile run. Transmission is soo much better now - night & day really.

So a very productive and enjoyable day clearing the list I thought I'd not get near for a while.

• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 139,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 3rd January 2022 at 16:37..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote