View Single Post
Old 25th March 2021, 11:39   #2
Ducati750cc
Loves to post

Rover75 tourer

Has it just suddenly appeared ?

Has it been there for a while, slight at first but increasing over time ?

Is the noise obviously within the cabin or is it external but so loud that is heard in the cabin ?

Has anything recently been worked on, underneath, in the engine bay or a roof rack / box fitted ?

Can you isolate it to a particular area ?

Wind noise and water leaks alike can be the devils own job to isolate, a good body shop should have an ultrasonic leak detector, if you have one nearby they may test the car for you for a small fee.

It works by placing an ultrasonic transmitter inside the vehicle then using a ' sniffer ' around all door shuts, windows, etc to sense the sound escaping through the smallest gaps, the same place that wind or water can enter.

When you said " Before replacing the windscreen " I would check to see if you can obtain one that will fit correctly, I know there were some spurious ones about a couple of years ago with the curves not quite correct when I was looking to replace one of mine, not broken but years of tiny stone chips and wiper blade area wear reduced night visibility, I got a genuine one from a guy who had two, I should have bought both of them.

P.s. I've just done a quick Google and it appears there are a few genuine ones about, possibly due to garages having a sort out.

Last edited by Ducati750cc; 25th March 2021 at 11:43..
Ducati750cc is offline   Reply With Quote