View Single Post
Old 8th August 2021, 13:11   #19
sln8458
Gets stuck in

Rover 75 Contemporary SE 2.0 Diesel Auto 2005 Facelift

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCP440 View Post
Dont take this wrong but with the downpours we have been having recently I would want at least a couple of MM on my tyres. I know it is only a legal requirement for 1.6 but that is the minimum amount.

I recently borrowed a friends van and I was shocked how little grip I had when it rained, when I handed it back I noticed both the front tyres were close to the legal limit.

I get it there is a cost involved but how would you feel about the money if you are upside down in a ditch with a broken leg and a gash on your face?

As far as Halfords I would not entrust them to MOT a push bike, the one near me has been ripping people off for years with work being done that was not required and failing cars on points that most sensible MOT testers would give an advise on. Find a local garage that does only MOT's, they are not interested in getting work so will be fare and if you use them all the time you will build up a relationship with them and that can help.

I have no issues with anything you say
The tyres are on order, all 4.
The brakes will be sorted once the tyres are on as I can't drive the car with the 'dangerous, do NOT drive' flag.

It's just the arrogance of them
Cruise Control; FBH with GSM (was FrenchMike's Remote) & dash button; Rear Blind; In-line Thermostat; wired in front & rear cameras; Mercedes DRL +DRL2; twin horns, twin usb power outlets, digital coolant temperature readout, Real Walnut dash, Walnut & black leather steering wheel, Walnut Handbrake grip, Towbar with full Rover harness.
Rear seat cup holders.

Wanted: Walnut auto gear stick handle
Mods to do: all done , need to come up with some more.
sln8458 is offline   Reply With Quote