View Single Post
Old 16th September 2021, 08:11   #5
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Hi Jim,

I did this job in the spring so perhaps I can help and you'll be pleased to know that the subframe does not need to be "removed" or lowered.

The problem is, as you've found out, access to the rear bush bolts. The official method, which I found works perfectly, is to remove the anti-roll bar saddle clamp bolts. The clamp can then be lifted off and the bar moved forwards giving you full access to that pesky front bolt. You will then be able to start the bolts off by hand in five seconds and even fit a hexagon socket and torque wrench so that these important suspension bolts can be tightened properly to the specified value.

The anti-roll bar saddle clamp bolts are difficult to see. You'll need some slim socketry and some flexible attachments. They're not particularly tight (25Nm I think) but they might be rusty.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cantray View Post
Thinking will need to take hub off to allow more movement in the arm to adjust the bush holder.
Start the rear bush bolts with the outer balljoint disconnected. There's no need to take off the hub.

Simon

Last edited by SD1too; 16th September 2021 at 08:19..
SD1too is offline   Reply With Quote