View Single Post
Old 14th April 2017, 08:15   #7
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barry1957 View Post
The car has done 140000 miles, so presuming it has had a couple of clutches with that mileage, as regarding fluid leaks, i have not seen any evidence either inside or under the car. i was recovered by the AA and the he seemed well convinced that is was the master cylinder that had failed. I on the other hand, would rather find proof, rather than stab in the dark on the first persons say so. Thank you for what you say and I will have to find a way to check the fluid level, before i start spending money on parts.
If you follow the hydraulic pipe along the back of the engine bay, you will find it has a joint in it, under the battery, but visible with battery still in place. The joint can be parted and is self sealing to either side.

Assuming fluid in the MC and the joint parted, if the MC is OK your clutch pedal should be solid/ not press down very far. If it still goes down, then the MC is at fault. If it seems OK, then the slave has failed.

Clutch is below the battery, with two hydraulic pipes going down into it. The first the pipe from the MC and the second a short one to allow the system to be bled, which terminates in a bleed nipple.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote