View Single Post
Old 18th July 2017, 21:19   #68
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

A really quite interesting thread.

I followed this thread during the first few days and my feeling was that there were a few people hoping to get the OP's car for very little money by acting as a fallback in case he had no option but to trade it in at a silly low price.

If I had wanted the car, I would have made a reasonable offer to buy it on the basis of here is my one and only offer, take it or leave it. If the seller had accepted the offer, I would have agreed in writing and sent him part payment. In my view, unless this happens, there is no agreemnt to buy or sell.

It was the OP's car and he has chosen to sell it to a person of his choice at a price that he finds acceptable. That is the end of it. It reallty serves no useful purpose to criticise the OP's decision or the manner in which he has taken it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mercedade View Post
Morning all - I seem to have missed most of this business, but just wanted to drop in to say I bought Phill's car from him on the 5th.

It's currently sat on my driveway, getting some love and attention whilst I whittle down the cars I own to a more reasonable number! I need to sell my Rover 820 Vitesse and Seat Leon Cupra - both with 12 months MOT.

Safe to say the MG is not getting broken or stripped of any parts - I love it, it's a fantastic car and whilst I think it was the top of the money for a 51 plate, I also think it was absolutely worth it. It'll be on the road as of Thursday, all being well.

Sorry to read that others might feel they were let down, I can honestly say I had no idea. Phill was a pleasure to deal with. I'll be sticking around here, hopefully still welcome!
Well done and enjoy!
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote