View Single Post
Old 4th June 2020, 21:59   #11
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
It is nice to read my efforts have inspired someone I know mine is not everyone's taste, but it suits me.

You dont need to change the material. There is an ash grey smokestone door card if you wanted to go down that route, and they would be easy enough to obtain. I had the same idea back when I did mine, inspired myself by AldoR's beautiful mongram V8. But when I tried it, it just seemed flat to me - I still think AldoR's V8 interior looks fantastic though, I think the dark oak is what ties it all together. (there is an image of his in post 1 HERE, along with my attempt at a mash up of the lower smokestone panels)

Originally, my favoured idea was to get all Ash Grey lower dash panels and centre console. Then get PPD Sandstone leather seats (with Ash Grey piping) and a set of MG ZT door cards - stripping the central dark velour panels and and replacing with Sandstone velour panels (leaving the Ash Grey door handles and speakers etc. (in the style of the Monogram type interiors, if I remember correctly). It's perfectly doable, if you have the patience - just have to carefully cut/grind/break the plastic welds of the velour panel and get very small screws/washers to fit the alternative velour panel - I just couldn't be that bothered

Plus, I have a really good set of Ash Grey 75 leather seats I bought a few years ago that I'd like to fit. And having seen some of the walnut and Ash Grey combo interiors on here, I thought that would be a nice way to go.

Really like the job you've done with your car - little bit different, but not too different

Cheers,
Karl.
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote