View Single Post
Old 8th June 2020, 22:10   #16
rab60bit
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bob Williams View Post
If you have a black oak wheel that has been painted over I would strongly advise against stripping the paint off. I bought a black oak (plastic) steering wheel (from ALDOR)several years ago. It was in excellent condition but, being aware of the fading issue previously mentioned, my wife made a cover to protect it from the sun when parked. Obviously I can't drive it with the cover on, but it has still faded badly.
I am happy with the black leather but it is the black oak part I would like to bring back to match the fascia. I enquired about wrapping it but no success. Has anyone any ideas?

Bob
"Black oak (plastic)", can you explain what that is please.
I'm hoping to 'create' a black smooth (pimple) leather/black oak wheel (working on the idea that this is the OEM option for a Rover).
I'm working from a doner sandstone or smokestone/light oak combination to end up black pimple leather and black oak wood ( thought all the MGR wood wheels were real wood veneer) but can't work out if the Contemporary SE (seats described as sports black leather) gives you a black (pimple) all leather steering wheel with ash grey pimple plastic air bag cover (in the later cars ash grey is pretty dark) or a black pimple plastic air bag cover; I believe the centre armrest storage cover is ash grey and seems to match the air bag cover. Do you have any info.
rab60bit is offline   Reply With Quote