View Single Post
Old 24th November 2021, 11:52   #7
SD1too
Doesn't do things by halves

Rover 75 2.5 Connoisseur Auto (1999) Dealer launch model.

Thanked 3,749 Times in 3,181 Posts

Oooh lots of very good points for me to try to answer.
Quote:
Originally Posted by macafee2 View Post
"guarantee me genuine MGR parts". What year were the parts made and who made them?
Sorry, I have this thing about genuine, Rimmers and X-part ...
Yes I know Ian and I don't disagree with you on your point that the meaning of "genuine" is open to interpretation.

I have no idea when the parts were made or the identity of the manufacturer, but then that also applies to parts bought for cars which remain in production at an assembly plant which is still trading. So I would ask, why make a big thing of it as far as MG Rover is concerned?

Quote:
Originally Posted by MSS View Post
... did they also send free sweets?
Ha, ha. No sweets I'm afraid but I'm not a fan of that sort of marketing anyway.
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I thought xpart were a franchise type wholesaler rather than a individual retailer. Are dmgrs, and rimmers both not xpart dealers also?
Hi Alan,

Rimmer Bros., BS Motors/E Car Parts and many ex-MGR main dealers are what I would call X-Part "agents" since they have an account with X-Part and obtain their stock from them. In that respect I suppose X-Part could be called a wholesaler but they will also sell direct to the vehicle owner without imposing wholesale minimum order quantities. You could say that's the best of both worlds!
Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I would even question 'made to original spec' in some instances ...
Yes, I would agree with you there. Another example is the anti-roll bar ("drop") links.
Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
A lot of X part stuff is made in India or turkey now.
Yes Andy, also in my experience China and the UK. But (politics aside) does it really matter where parts are made so long as they are functional, durable and are a reasonable price?
Quote:
Originally Posted by WillyHeckaslike View Post
Hi, Simon. The figure of £6, is this just the shipping charge or is it inclusive of the cost of whatever item/items which you ordered.
£6 was just the shipping charge.

Simon