View Single Post
Old 24th November 2021, 12:41   #10
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Simon - I hope you have now realised why I gave you the opportunity to confirm if you had received free sweets from X-Part. Evidently they are important in opinion forming and development of camaraderie!

People posting responses. Please note what Simon actually wrote 'just to let members know that X-Part is another choice on which you can rely'. He highlighted a choice, which is yours to make.

I also feel that too many are once again confusing different terms. Simon did not use the term OEM, which would have indicated an item complying with the original manufacturer's specification and manufactured by the original manufacturer. He used the the term genuine, which is correct as the parts business of MGR was X-part and was sold on at the time of MGR's demise. So X-Part are technically the only source who can correctly claim that their parts for MGR cars are genuine. Age of the part is irrelevant in this context for who is to say that an OEM P, Q, R or non-genuine part is not 25 years old?

I am thrilled to note that a female (I assume Katy is one but we embrace all nevertheless) is employed to sell car parts by X-Part as opposed to the usual John, Nick, Tom etc. We need to embrace equality and in my view this alone would be a good enough reason to order from X-Part, as it is to order from Carole at Best of British.

Finally, and on the question of equality, there is nothing wrong with Indian made parts - we Indians are quite good at making things. Observe this the next time you tuck into a Balti!

Relax and buy from whoever you choose.

Last edited by MSS; 24th November 2021 at 12:45..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote