View Single Post
Old 31st May 2022, 07:03   #10
larryr123
Avid contributor

MG ZT-T

Hi Mac,

Thanks for the feedback. I've done quite a few jobs so far on the beast, including rebuilding and refitting the high pressure diesel pump - long job and no knuckles left at the end but satisfying nonetheless. I've also replaced both rear back plates, requiring a fair bit of hacksawing to free up the handbrake cables, but the kits provided by DMGRS were pretty complete and offered an nice complete solution. Also changed rear hubs, with the aid of an angle grinder for ceased inner races, rear coil springs and generally done basic servicing.

Never tackled a clutch, but just read up the procedure for changing the master cylinder and if I use the original pipes and the part supplied by DMGRS I should be able to replace that pretty quickly and see if once bled that this does the trick.
Your point about separating the self sealing joint under the battery is a good one to determine if the slave is at fault, but given there is a weep from the master cylinder on first inspection, I may as well just get on and change that anyway given the fact it is already on its way out.

Fortunately we have another car to bob about in so not in a great rush.

Thanks again for all your inputs which are pretty informative.

Regards Larry
larryr123 is offline   Reply With Quote