View Single Post
Old 23rd September 2021, 15:25   #5
SCP440
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 260

As I have put on here before new cars can be a nightmare if and when they go wrong. Software updates, faults that even a main dealer cant fix and the depreciation on a newer car can be eyewatering.

Yes they look lovely on the test drive and yes I am sure the road tax is less but how often do you need all those gadgets they all now seem to have and what happens when these gadgets fail and have to be fixed because there is a warning light on and it wont pass an MOT with that showing.

The one that is bugging me at the moment is electronic handbrakes, a total useless device and complication for the sake of it, a cable and a lever has worked for a 100 years and if it does go wrong costs £30 for a new cable. I am helping a mate with a car on Monday with such a device, I am borrowing a device to hopefully wind the shows back and if that does not work the dealer will be taking half a weeks wages off him to do the job.

Stick with what you have as long as its structually sound and even if you had to spend the amount it would cost to replace it with a modern car you will be still be better off long term.

As a buy the way, modern cars rarely do the MPG that is claimed unless you drive like a NUN in perfect conditions. If a modern car does 10% more than a car made 15 to 20 years ago you are lucky.
SCP440 is offline   Reply With Quote