Old 6th January 2015, 15:03   #13
coolcat
This is my second home

Audi Q3 TDI S-Line Quattro

Thanked 12,235 Times in 8,232 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxxpump View Post
Hello all,

I did a test today of the speakers that I brought in the mounts that came with the car OEM.

No bass, they work and sound good for spoken word, but just no bottom end and no bass! I imagine the fact that my head units amp can only push 50W RMS and these speakers will only push 40W min (that I don't think is enough!) and they recommend 85w RMS!

I am going to buy a "EDGE" Amp on thursday, which can do 4 channels of 100 watts RMS and I will get cabling next tuesday to rig that up, so hopefully it will work then, if anybody thinks I should just take the speakers back to halfords and get my money back towards getting a sub unit, please message here to let me know as this is just trial and error at the moment and I don't want to blow the klit I have got and waste money if I am buying the wrong kit!

Thank you very much for your continuing support!
Make sure you haven't wired the speakers 'out of phase' as that will greatly reduce the bass, do remember that components are designed to be used with a subwoofer and depending on the crossover point may not reproduce much in the way of low end grunt.

Also worth noting that doubling the outout figure to the speakers will not double the volume so although beneficial I don't think it will make night and day differences.

How good those speakers are that you have bought I can't say as I have never heard them, might be worth checking for reviews of them to check they are not bad speakers